- Start by educating yourself. Check out the resource section for good books, articles and video clips.
- Educate others by hosting an information night at your school, church or community centre. Invite a speaker or screen the documentary ‘It’s a Girl’.
Use social media to educate and inform Canadians:
- LIKE the Defend Girls Facebook page and share our content on Facebook. New memes, posts, images, banners, videos and articles will be regularly posted there for you to share.
- LIKE Mark Warawa’s Protect Girls Facebook page.
- Use your Timeline banner to promote M408 (designs available here) .
- Make a Youtube video in support of M408, as suggested by Mr. Warawa.
- Use twitter to show your support: #protectgirls #m408.
- Collect petitions to send to your MP
- Write to Prime Minister Harper using our sample letter here.
- Write to your Member of Parliament to voice your support. You can find information on how to contact your MP by inputting your postal code into the Parliament of Canada website.
- If you’d like some templates and an easy system for contacting your MP, check out this site.